The following activities are not permitted in Raytown Parks for your safety and for the protection of your parks. The Raytown Police Dept enforces all Park rules. For a complete list of Park Ordinances click here.
- No loud music. City Ordinance Chapter 28, Section 28-172
- All dogs must be on a leash in all of our parks. City Ordinance Chapter 6, Section 103
- No Fireworks in all city parks. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-50
- Lighting fires except in grills. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-51
- No motorized vehicles or horses on park grounds. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-53a
- Bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, sleds are not allowed on tennis courts, multi-purpose courts, shelter houses, or ball fields or any other facility not specifically designated for their use. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-53b
- No person shall offer or exchange for sale any food, drink, article or thing, or solicit or retrieve contributions of money or anything of value in the park system. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-56
- No person, group of persons, associations or corporations shall call or hold an assemblage or conduct any concert, performance, or public exhibition or entertainment unless permission is obtained from Parks and Recreation staff. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-57
- No person shall deposit, dump, throw or place any charcoal ashes, etc. in any part of the park system. Paper, garbage or refuse matter shall be deposited in receptacles provided within the parks. Household garbage, refuse matter or trash shall not be brought into park premises and deposited in park system trash receptacles. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-60
- No person shall trap or attempt to, hunt, catch, wound, kill or treat cruelly any animal in the park system. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-61
- Damaging Park Property. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-63
- Use of Parks from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-64
- Unlawful to swim in any body of water within the park systems not specifically provided for swimming. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-65
- No golf, archery, throwing a boomerang, flying mechanical airplanes, throwing a discus, javelin or shot; aerial darts, launching model rockets or discharging firearms (including air-rifles), unless there is an area specifically provided for such activity. City Ordinance Chapter 30, Section 30-66
Yield playing areas to all Raytown Parks & Recreation sanctioned activities. These are your parks. Please enjoy and care for them so others may also.