Raytown’s Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to providing the citizens of Raytown with a variety of recreational facilities and programs at a reasonable cost. Residents of Raytown can now explore the range of benefits the city has to offer through our new web site. Please visit each section of our site and find out what we have to offer you!
Raytown Youth Basketball League - 2019
Registration: Now through September 27, 2019.
Raytown Youth Basketball League was established for the purpose of providing a healthy, recreational program for young boys and girls interested in basketball. The League seeks to teach fundamental basketball skills and techniques; provide fun, enjoyment and game competition with responsible adult leadership; teach sportsmanship under all conditions; build minds and bodies through good, clean, sportsmanlike play and vigorous exercise, teach kids the importance of teamwork; and encourage all participants to complete what they start.
Practices start the week of November 4th. Games will be on Saturdays starting December 7, 14, January 5, 12, 19, 26, and February 2, 9, and 16. Make-up snow date will be February 29th.
Cost: $50.00 per player Kindergarten through 3rd Grade (Co-Ed Teams)
$60.00 per player 4th Grade - 6th Grade (Boys & Girls Teams)
Additional $10.00 for Non-Raytown School District students
Each player will receive a Team Jersey and an Award at the end of the season. The team jerseys will be worn over your child's clothing - so please plan accordingly when you choose your jersey size when you register. Please note, if you order the wrong size jersey, there will be a $10 reorder charge.
Scholarships: The Raytown Educational Foundation provides partial registration fee scholarships to eligible Raytown Youth Basketball League participants. To be eligible for a scholarship: Your child would need to qualify for or currently receiving Free or Reduced School Lunches. You will need to fill out the Scholarship Form (see below), attach a copy of the letter from the Raytown Food Services office showing your child is participating in the Free or Reduced School Lunch program for the 2019-20 school year and also fill out the Basketball Registration Form (see below) and bring all to the Raytown Park Office at 5912 Lane Ave in Colman Park. The scholarship is 50% off registration price.
Registration & Payment:
In Person: Bring registration form and scholarship form (if eligible) to the Raytown Parks office, 5912 Lane Ave., Raytown. We accept cash, check, debit/credit. All debit/credit card payments are subject to processing fees (in person or on-line).
Online Registration: Follow link below and pay with debit/credit card only through Stripe. No scholarships are permitted online.
Once you have registered, your child's coach will notify you near the end of October with day, time and location of practice.
Sign up to receive text messages for league updates, game cancellations or weather updates, etc. Text YouthBB to 84483.
The Raytown Parks & Recreation Department was established under its own Board of Directors for the following purposes:
- To serve the residents of Raytown and the general public by providing:
- A pleasant, safe, and well-maintained parks, recreational facilities, and equipment at a reasonable cost to the participant .
- A variety of recreational programs that are designed, scheduled and staffed to maximize accessibility.
- To provide a working environment for its staff that promotes safety, open communication, and fair treatment.
- To provide the City of Raytown and it's taxpayers a department that effectively and efficiently uses its funding and resources to generate a sense of pride in the community.
Raytown Parks Master Plan
What is the Purpose of the Master Plan?
Master planning equips city officials with the direction and goals necessary t
o grow and develop toward meeting the needs of the community. A good plan outlines goals, objectives, and action steps toward implementation and ensures goals are met.
What are the Goals of the Master Plan?
The major goals set forth in the 2016 Master Plan are:
- Develop a strategic framework to sustain park operations since the department faces tough decisions from potential sales tax revenue cuts.
- Identify potential park sites and strategies for future park acquisition, land use and growth with a focus on trail linkages such as the Katy Trail, Metrogreen connections, parks, schools, greenways and key city business centers
- Identify levels of investment required to achieve the city’s envisioned future park system
- Identify project for the 10 year Capital Improvements Plan with funding allocations and prioritized park projects for the City’s CIP. Prioritize quick wins projects with a low cost and high impact
- Cultivate community partnerships
- Explore the need to develop a land dedication ordinance or park impact fees for developers
- Re-establish a Raytown Parks Foundation to garner park support and raise funds for specific projects-examples, dog park or disc golf course
- Increase recreational variety, enhance park experiences and fill gaps in parks and recreation experiences
- Continue to operate special-use sites as enterprise funds (self-supporting or revenue-generating entities)
What is the purpose of the Community Survey?
The community survey provides a comprehensive, statistically valid measure of citizen usage, satisfaction, needs, unmet needs, priorities, and other services that will assist in short and long range decision making with regard to recreation and leisure activities and facilities. The results of the survey serve as the basis of a broader needs assessment that will assist the Parks Department in:
- Positioning as an essential service provider in the City of Raytown
- Positioning for additional revenues
- Determining partnerships and collaborators
- Planning facilities, programs and acquisitions
- Correlating connections between services provided and needs being met
- Implementing the City of Raytown Parks and Open Space System Master Plan
- Implementing the Raytown Parks and Recreation Program Plan
Where Are We Now?
The links are found here:
- Master Plan Findings Report
- ETC Institute Statistically Valid Community Survey findings
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- Strategic Recommendations and Implementation Plan
Raytown Parks and Recreation Department, an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, genetic information, or age in its programs and activities, and provides equal access to all groups.
The City of Raytown acknowledges its responsibility to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Thus, in order to assist individuals with disabilities who require special services (i.e. sign interpretative services, alternative audio/visual devices, and amanuenses) for participation in or access to the City of Raytown sponsored public programs, services and/or meetings, the City requests that individuals make requests for these services forty-eight (48) hours ahead of the scheduled program, service and or meeting. To make arrangements, contact Raytown Parks and Recreation at 816-358-4100.
Bids in Progress
No bids at this time.
For address, phone numbers and e-mail addresses see the "Links & Helpful Information".